Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Goldbergs (2013-)


A friend of mine turned me on to to The Goldbergs, starring the wonderful Wendi McLendon-Covey.   Of course, as soon as I started watching, I had to track down that house!  (As with many shows, the house in the pilot is different than the one they choose to use for the rest of the series.)







Screenshots (for now)...




UPDATE June 2014:  I took some time to do a few locations for the pilot episode.  First up is the house, which is different than the one used in the rest of the season...










Screenshots... 









This street is Monrovia is featured in the car scene...





Screenshots...







Jim's Burgers has been featured in a number of productions...



Screenshots....





Also in Monrovia was "Hooters".....




Screenshots....




7 comments:

  1. Where is it located?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is this the house from the pilot or the one used on the rest of the series? One of my readers is asking, but I've never seen show. Also, did you notice that on street view house doesn't have the dormer windows that are visible in your pics? Strange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This house is from the regular series, not the pilot.

      And yes, I noticed the windows were added later, but I'm guessing they are just set decoration and not permanent. Otherwise, that would be some strange layouts!

      Delete
    2. Earlier comment deleted, the owner of the house used in the pilot asked me not to have the address published.

      Delete
    3. I see the new Google Street VIew does show the dormers, so maybe they are a permanent new part of the house after all.

      Delete
  3. Love this show. Not only because I grew up in the 80s..and um...ok. I can relate to "Big Tasty" (I loved the old hiphop..lol) I grew up just down the street from the real Goldberg's. Small world. Also love the real references in the show. Willow Grove Park - Mall. (It was also an old massive Amusement park going back to the early 1900's. Closed in '75. Mall opened in '82) Hiway Theater..where Adam waits for tickets to The Empire Strikes Back opening still stands, it's a old landmark single screen theater in the center of Jenkintown. Alverthorpe Park is a massive park about 1/2 mile from the real Goldberg home. As for the real home, I can't believe how many times I drove by this house since I was 16. ( http://i.imgur.com/F3hHKly.jpg ) Also another 'fun fact,' Bradley Cooper grew up just a few blocks away. Joey Lawrence also grew up nearby in the mid, late 80s.

    ReplyDelete